Chettiar Counselling offers:
- Ongoing client referrals.
- Potential for increasing your case load over time.
- Marketing, website, and email address provided.
- Practice management software access for client files.
- Office space, administration, and care.
- Providing high quality psychotherapy using a Humanistic approach as a foundation and can handle working effectively with couples.
- Utilizing clinical skills from some of the following treatment models: Attachment and Trauma Informed, Emotion Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and/or Solution Focused Therapy.
- Emotion Focused Therapy Training (preferred) and experience in providing couples therapy.
- Establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Maintaining sound clinical judgment and upholding ethical standards.
- Appropriate and effective use of self in clinical treatment.
- Participating in monthly practice meeting.
- Conceptualizing client cases and planning treatment.
- Maintaining thorough case notes.
- Willingness to offer one or two evenings or some hours on Saturdays.
- Masters level education in Counselling Psychology or Social Work.
- Registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Registered Psychotherapists(CRPO) or Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers(OCSWSSW).
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience.
- Post-Masters training in any of the following EFT, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, EMDR, and/or CBT.
- Understanding effective Safe Use of Self and utilizing personal psychotherapy is an asset.
- Available to work: one daytime slot a week including one or two evenings with possibility of some hours on Saturday.
- Maintenance of own client files and required documentation (notes, intake, confidentiality agreements). Management of schedule and client communication.
- Carry personal liability insurance of $2,000,000.
Interested? Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]!